London Aquatics Centre will host the FINA Diving World Series over the course of the three exciting days of sporting action from Friday, 17th to Sunday, 19th of May. We are very excited to welcome some of the world’s elite divers to the venue and support the 10 strong Great Britain team who will be competing at this prestigious event.
London Aquatics Centre
We’ve been working hard to minimise the disruption to our customers and have put in place a range of provisions for you during the week of the event. We would like to advice you know that from Monday,13th to Sunday,19th of May there will be reduced facilities at the venue.
- The Competition Pool and Diving Pool will be closed for the week of the event, from Monday,13th to Sunday,19th of May.
- The Training Pool will remain open for the week of the event, however there will be reduced lane swimming available as all swimming lessons have been relocated to the pool throughout the week.
- All swimming lessons will be relocated to the Training Pool.
- The Tom Daley Diving Academy will not be running, and will recommence the following week. All credits and prepayments for your lessons will be rolled forward. You don’t need to do anything, we will not deduct any credits for this period.
- The gym will remain open throughout the week.
- The café will remain open throughout the week.
- The crèche will not be open throughout the week.
- There will be security bag checks taking place on the event days, we recommend leaving yourself some extra time while visiting the centre on these days.
- The car park will be available but there will be limited spaces available, so we recommend using public transport to visit the centre if possible.
About the event..
The FINA Diving World Series is a prestigious and exclusive event hosting Olympic, World and European champions from both Great Britain and across the world. The event will take place across three days of exciting action in the iconic London Aquatics Centre.
The event returns to London for the first time in four years, with a 10-strong British team competing in the final major international competition prior to the World Championships in July.
See world champion Tom Daley and Olympic champion Jack Laugher to name a few of the top divers that will be competing in the final leg of the series.
Further information on the event and a detailed spectator’s guide can be found on the website here.
Travelling to the venue for the event...
Public transport is the best and easiest way to get to and from the Park, either by train, underground, bus or cycle.
- The nearest underground stations are Stratford (10-minute walk) and Hackney Wick (15-minute walk)
- There are more than 140 cycle racks outside the London Aquatics Centre, including a Santander Cycles docking station located outside the centre.
- Stratford International station is just a 5-minute walk away
- St Pancras International & Kings Cross stations are just seven minutes away by train to Stratford International
- The M25 is only a 25 minutes drive away. There are 111 Pay & Display car parking spaces located next to the London Aquatics Centre. Otherwise, there is plenty of parking available at nearby Westfield.
The car park at London Aquatics Centre will be available, but spaces will be limited and we recommend both using public transport over the weekend and leaving extra time to get to the centre.
If you have any further queries, please speak to a member of the team when you’re next in centre or email us here with your questions.
If you would like to attend the event, check out the website here for tickets.