The iconic London Aquatics Centre is like swimming in no other pool in the world. After hosting the 2012 London Olympic and Paralympic games, the world-class venue is open for you to use.
We have three pools for use by the general public, clubs and professionals; for hire as an event space or for filming opportunities.
The Competition pool is the largest at 50m long and 3m deep, set out into five double width lanes for general fitness swimming and 10 single lanes for competitions. Our Training pool is also 50m, however with it’s movable boom, it can be split into two 25m pools and the movable floor set at a much shallower depth, depending on the session taking place; it’s appropriate for swimmers of all levels. Our Diving pool is a 25m space with a moveable floor, which can be set anywhere between ground level and 5m deep.
Each of our pools is guarded by certified lifeguards, maintained at the highest standard of cleanliness, and accessible directly from the changing rooms.
Before visiting please ensure you are familiar with our pool safety rules, scroll down to read in full.
As well as offering a public swimming timetable our range of community-tailored swimming sessions, programmes and lessons can be booked alongside varying membership options covering all of our pools.
Please see our pool programme below or visit the booking page/app to see specific session times.
You can either become a member or pay for one-off swim sessions. Children aged under three years are able to swim for free. Swim safety rules apply.
50m Competition Pool Sessions
Swim For Fitness 50m - 11 years and over
Swim Doctor - Train sessions 16+
Aqua Splash - 26.07.2021-27.08.2021
Training Pool Sessions
Swim For All - open to all ages
Swim For Fitness 25m - 11 years and over
Women only - Currently unavailable
Disability session - Currently unavailable
Better Swim School
Swim Doctor - Learn 16+
Diving Pool Sessions
Tom Daley Diving Academy
Dive for all - Currently unavailable
Swim Safety Rules
Due to the nature of the facilities at the London Aquatics Centre we would like to make you aware of the specific safety rules in place at this venue.
- No Under 11's or Non-Swimmers are allowed in the Competition Pool.
- 3m deep pool
- You must be able to swim 100 metres of a recognised stroke to swim in the Competition pool.
- Sessions are for a maximum of 60 minutes in duration.
- Under 8’s and non swimmers under 16 must be accompanied in the water by a competent adult swimmer
- No more than two under 8’s or non swimmers under 16 to each competent adult swimmer
- The competent adult swimmer must actively supervise under 8’s and non swimmers under 16
- Under 8’s and all non swimmers must remain in shallow water
- We strongly recommend under 8’s and all non swimmers use armbands and/or an appropriate buoyancy aid
Advice to adult non swimmers
It is recommended that non swimmers over the age of 16 are accompanied in the water by a competent adult swimmer.
Thank you for your co-operation and enjoy your swim!